Located in the middle of the 220 Cyclades islands in Greece, is the gorgeous island of Paros. Paros is most famous for its golden sand beaches and traditional whitewashed Greek villages.
If want to avoid the more popular destinations of Santorini and Mykonos but still want to surround yourself with stunning Greek architecture, swim at beautiful beaches, enjoy delicious Greek food, and enjoy a buzzing nightlife then Paros is the place to come.
Want to know all about the best things to do in Paros? Well, look no further. I have compiled a list of some of the best things to do in Paros, and some of the best places to visit to ensure that you have a memorable trip to this beautiful island.
Other sunshine destinations you might be interested in visiting
- THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY GUIDE TO ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN & EASTERN SARDINIA
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN SAGRES, THE ALGARVE
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC- MY ALL INCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN MILOS, GREECE
The best time to visit Paros
If you are planning on doing some of the best things to do in Paros you’re going to want to have the best weather. The best time to visit is during the warmer months between May-October, where temperatures are on average around 28 degrees celsius.
How to get to Paros
There are two main ways of getting to Paros, by ferry or plane.
You can catch a direct ferry to Paros directly from Athens, as well as multiple other islands such as Milos, Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos. There are multiple ferry companies operating throughout Greece, so I would highly recommend using the website Ferry Scanner, to plan out your journey.
Example journeys and prices
|Journey||Duration +/-||Price 〜|
|Athens to Paros||4.15 hours||€36|
|Milos to Paros||1.5 hours||€60|
|Mykonos to Paros||1.20 hours||€38|
|Santorini to Paros||3 hours||€28|
You can catch a 40-minute flight to Paros from Athens airport with prices starting at €50 for one way. The plane that is used to transport passengers over to Paros is extremely small, so this is probably not the best option for you if you don’t enjoy flying.
How to explore Paros
In order to do some of the best things to do in Paros, I would highly recommend hiring a car. Car hire on Paros is extremely cheap and you can grab a rental for as little as €40 a day. The roads on Paros are fairly old so be mindful of potholes and ditches.
If you are unable to rent a car or an ATV, then thankfully there is a bus service that takes you to most of the best things to do in Paros. Click here to discover more about the bus routes.
There are also one or two taxi services on the island, but if they are booked out then you can be waiting a while. Click here to find out more.
Where to Stay in Paros
There are so many gorgeous little towns and villages to stay in, it can be hard to choose but I have narrowed down the best spots for you below:
- Parikia – This is the capital of Paros, and where the ferry terminal is. If you want somewhere that is full of atmosphere and lots of restaurants to choose from, then Parikia is the place to stay.
- Naoussa – Naoussa is a cute, vibrant fishing village with lots going on. If you want a traditional greek village with a modern, cosmopolitan twist, then Naoussa is for you. I stayed here myself, and can’t recommend the place enough.
- Lefkes – Lefkes is a charming village, set back from the coast in the mountains. This is the best place to come if you want to surround yourself with traditional greek architecture
- Chrissi Akti – Chrissi Akti is home to one of the best beaches in Paros and is a great place to stay for those wanting to try their hand at watersports such as windsurfing
- Drios – Another stunning little fishing village and the place to stay if you want to escape the hustle and bustle from the rest of the island. A great place for couples who want to get away from it all.
What to Budget for Paros
- Accommodation – €150-€250 per night
- Food €10-€20 per main meal
- Alcohol – Beer/Wine/Cocktails – €5/€7€10
- Tours and Activities €80-€100
- Car Rental €40-€80 per day
Best places to eat in Paros
There is lots of delicious food and drink in Paros. Some of the best bars and restaurants are:
Some of my favourite restaurants were:
- Deck – Naoussa
- Barbarossa – Naoussa
- Taverna Glafkos – Naoussa
- Coure Rosso – Parikia
- Linardo – Naoussa
- Les Amis – Naoussa
- BeBop – Parikia
- Golden Garden Bar – Golden Beach
The best things to do in Paros
Enjoy the calm waters and Kolympethres and Monastiri Beaches
Number one on the list of the best things to do in Paros is to visit the stunning beaches of Kolympethres and Monastiri. The sand is golden, and the water is clear and calming. You can drive to both beaches or catch a water taxi from Naoussa port for less than €10.
Whilst these beaches are both gorgeous make sure to watch out for the small jellyfish that can sometimes line the shore.
Monastery of St. John’s of Deti
Located right next to Monastiri beach is the Monastery of St. John’s of Deti. This is one of the best places in Paros to visit a traditional church with a blue-domed roof.
Spend the day relaxing at Parosporos beach
Parosporos is a large beach with shimmering waters located south of Parikia. It is a great place to come to chill out for the day drinking cocktails at one of the two lively beach bars located here.
The beach is located close to a campsite meaning that it can get quite busy during the high season, so best to come here early to grab yourself a sunbed.
Visit the beautiful traditional Greek villages
When you think of Greece what instantly comes to mind? I’m going to guess stunning white buildings with blue roofs, colourful doors and an abundance of pink flowers, was I right? Well, Paros is full of traditional villages with all of the above. The best villages to visit are:
- Naoussa – The best place to come for views, bars and restaurants.
- Marpissa – A quiet but quirky village. Come here to see the famous pink house (pictured below).
- Lefkes – A slightly larger and more popular village than Marpissa, located in the mountains but equally as beautiful. Come here to try some delicious food in the local tavernas.
This is one of the best things to do in Paros
Take the ferry to Antiparos for the day
Antiparos, is Paros’ cooler, younger sister. Come here to visit one of the best beaches on the island, Soros beach. Soros also happens to be home to one of the most popular beach clubs on the island with a vibrant beach scene. If you want something a little more chilled then I would suggest heading to Beach House.
You can catch the ferry from Paros to Antiparos from Pounda port and the journey is approximately 7 minutes. Click here to view the timetable.
Try windsurfing at Golden Beach
One of the best things to do in Paros is head to one of the top-rated, blue-flag beaches. Golden Beach (Chrissi Akti Beach). Golden Beach is located on the east of the island and is a popular windsurfing spot, amongst other watersports like surfing and kayaking. If water sports are not your style, I would still recommend coming to this beach. Not only is it beautiful but there is an abundance of bars and restaurants for you to enjoy during your time at this beach.
Watch the sunset in Parikia
One of the best things to do in Paros is watch the sunset from the island capital of Parikia. Either grab a seat at one of the waterside restaurants on the main road for front row seats or head slightly further up to Alexandros Cafe where you can watch the sunset from a traditional Greek windmill that has been converted into this beautiful little cafe.
Drink cocktails and Punda Beach Club
If you want a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning beach, good music and delicious cocktails then make sure to check out Punda beach club. This place has a bit of a party reputation, so if that’s not for you, I would skip this out and go straight to Parosporos beach (mentioned above).
Enjoy Wine Tasting at Moraitis Winery
Moraitis Winery is a great place to spend the afternoon if you have had enough of lying on the beach. Come here to explore the vineyards and enjoy tasting some local Greek wines.